Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Moving Experience

Yesterday 17/10/08
It's my 1st time on the Singapore Flyer, despite my mild phobia of heights, I was blown away by the very very very magnificent, picturesque, scenic and breathtaking view from there.

We strode happily to the escalator which will bring us to the flight entrance. Then, a young lady in her twenties walked towards us, before giving us time to react, she rattled on aggressively, which I only figure a gist of it, she was trying to market some kind of audio equipment which will tells us about the Singapore history. After finished rattling, I looked at my bro, half shocked half surprise. Then my bro just answered ok to the promoter and we went off. She was really aggressive and fierce with no smile on her face and she spoke as if she wanted to pick up a fight… I’ve never seen such a fierce promoter in my life, it dampen my happiness a bit though… As we boarded the capsule, we were feeling quite happy, there were less than 10 person in there which provides us a lot of space to walk about and to admire the sky view of Marina Bay. My brothers were roaming about freely in the capsule, but my butt just rooted me to the seat for about 15 minutes. I was afraid of heights, and whenever I looked downwards, I could feel my heart popping out of my mouth…. I stood up and took little steps around, after all, it’s not that bad… Almost all the time, I was snapping with my camera to capture the picturesque view.

The gigantic Flyer


The 3 layers of veranda


The duck tours on sea


The aftermath of F1: Pit stop and grand stand


That's me: Admiring the skyview


My brother 1


My brother 2


Top of the world


Meet my masterpiece: The 180 degrees panoramic view of Marina Bay