Yesterday 09/10/08
I was cycling along a crossroad junction when I saw the blinking green man, I made an attempt to dash across, about 1 ft behind me, a schoolgirl was also trying to do the same. Just then, a silver cab was about to make a left turn to cut into my lane, I managed to brake in time, and the cab braked too, I stared hard at the cabbie while cycling across the road. It was frustrating when motorists try to drive across despite it’s the green light for pedestrian. I was cursing the cabbie at the bottom of my heart…. After I made the safety dash across the road, I turned to look at the silver cab. WTF….. The cabbie had not drove off but had actually wound down his window and his head sticking out of his cab, yelling at me, “ IT’S NOT FOR CYCLISTS…” or something like that…. It’s just a traffic light, am I not a pedestrian, don’t I have the priority to cross the road with my bike??? I didn’t retort coz I’m a civilized person….. But inside me, I’m cursing him like hell…. I looked at the other 3 corners of the crossroad junction, there’s also a few cyclists there waiting for the lights….
Met up with buddies for dinner at AMK hub, again, the topic for conversation was about Lehman’s bankruptcy and how they coped with their jobs, 3 of them were in the financial industry, needs to keep abreast of the $$ news…. There was this interesting joke when J told us that one of her customer was going to sue her... Before dinner was a cuppa, after dinner, another cuppa…. After that, J offered to drive the 3 of us home...
It was another sleepless night for me, it always happened when I went out with my friends at night, I couldn’t get to sleep last night, serious insomnia, I dunno why, I landed in bed at 1+, tossed and turned till 2+, managed to sleep, but somehow, I woke up at 5+, feeling half awake with my eyes closed, only then I forced myself to sleep at 6+ when it’s about dawn….