I saw the news just now, the 5 missing bodies had been found. I sms fish to confirm if he was the Reuben we knew. I received the reply and my heart sank.
I knew him in person, and we performed for PE concert in the auditorium some year back, he was a great pianist and had a tanned complexion. Back in my SE days, I remembered Adam and Eve always teasing LX and Reuben as a couple. WH always tell me how amazing Reuben would be when he was at the piano, and I saw for myself during the concert that his fingers could really fly on the keys.
Very often, we would take the same bus when I go to work, and I believed that he would go do sea sports wearing a singlet and sports short showing off his tanned biceps and muscles. We had eye contact but we never greet each other. Sometimes when I go home late at night, I see him jogging in the neighbourhood.
Life is so unpredictable, if time would turn back, I hope that he is fine and I would take the initiative to say hello whenever we met. I am really sad for his demise coz he’s a real talent in music and sports.
Life is so fragile and unpredictable; you never know what will happen to you tomorrow. I should learn to have some courage to greet my friends whenever I see them in school or on the street.