Thursday, June 26, 2008

Jolly June

11th June 2008
We were commencing on the start of post-exam celebration. We sang our hearts out at KTV with all genres of songs, with cai loving to sing those touching songs and kio choosing Mr. Pig’s songs and me supporting lee hom…

18th June 2008
Still in the midst of post-exams celebration…. SH and I went to ECP for cycling, the weather was so good that I managed to get a nice tan, but then the colour faded after a few days to become black. As it was June holidays, there were many children and students hanging out there. We rented our bikes and took off to explore the stretch of beach.
I'm a disciple of James Bond, 777


We came across the cable ski and saw many ang mohs skiing there, but the rates were extravagant.
Just can't believe there's so colourful flowers found...


Can you really see the plane?


My photography skill superb, hahaha...


We continued our exploration and saw many massive sandcastles at the beach, we took some photos with the clear blue sky and deep blue sea.

The sandcastle wears a hat (bottle cap)

It was such a leisure. After the ride, we went to enjoy the sea breeze and chatted for quite a while, before it’s time to go home.

Behind us was a tent pitched up by some foreign girls, and they were wearing scantily exposing their boobs, there’s nothing interesting for us to see though, but there was a young Chinese man sitting at a bench ogling at the girls playing volleyball and soccer. He just couldn’t take his sights off those girls…. Then we went home and SH detoured to my house for a gardening lesson conducted by mum. Hahaha….

21st June 2008
It was Ocifer’s mini birthday party at my place. I had all the American time to volunteer and organize this event at home. Potluck reduced my workload and everyone brought some food over. We also had the famous Muthu’s Indian Curry House chicken curry… We sat around the table, chatting and enjoying the food. We hid the present and card around the house and made her looked high and low for it. Then we sang her a birthday song and then sabotage her, it was the village’s tradition to take out the candle with the mouth. Needless to say, her face was smashed into quarter of the cake….

The next moment, we went berserk and ran around the house, fearing that she will use the cream and do it on us…. We hid in the toilet and the bedroom but were not spared from the cream…. We had mj session after that. Aiya, I’m on losing streak…. Anyway, believe it or not, ber who sat beside the fan (fengshui) was the big winner of the night. Hui came late in the evening thinking that potluck lasted for the whole day only to find out that we had finished most of the food and were going to have dinner at the coffee shop. We had dinner and back for mj and suddenly, these girls had a witty idea. :x They took the newspapers and ran out the names of it. I was laughing my heart out, how on earth would they think of such fascinating thing to do, maybe they got nothing better to do la….. I told them to leave my out of such event, but I just couldn’t stop laughing. It’s time to go home and ocifer bade goodbye with a “wear as many clothes as possible” which again tickled me….

22nd June 2008
MJ session wasn’t over yet, for the 1st time after I really learnt mahjong, I played with my aunt, dad and brother after dinner. It’s the 1st time ever and I really enjoyed it despite me losing some money to dad, who’s an experienced or rather veteran player. Anyway, it’s a fun game to play with.

23th June 2008
Mum and I cycled to Toa Payoh in search of the Buzzing Cashier Indonesian chicken rice. I tried it but it wasn’t really worth it. The chilli was good but the look wasn’t appetizing at all. The lady boss was serving me and her husband was grilling the chicken. Business was not brisk but I think it’s still manageable. As and when, there are people queuing to buy food. Unfortunately, I never took a photo with it, after that we went Toyogo warehouse to get some plastic containers.

24th June 2008
My younger bro wanted to get a shirt for his camping trip so my mum and I went to army market to help him buy. Again, I wanted to see how Buzzing cashier stalls can withstand the ever-changing appetites of consumers. The stall was at Beach road market, named Taste N.C. To my surprise, there wasn’t a single soul queuing for food there, its worst than the Indonesian chicken rice stall. Then I walked past the stall only to see the stall owner doing nothing there. I thought they had been awarded a gold medal due to the long queues at their stall, how come what the media show on TV is so different from reality??? I think there are many factors to account for. For these 2 stalls that I visited, I see the signatures of those famous chefs, but was it only for publicity or was the food really so good that the chefs ‘engraved’ their signatures at the stalls?