Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Revival

Hey, ppl!!!! I’m back…..

2nd May 2008
The bride treated us, the sisters to dinner at a German restaurant and we discussed how to sabo the bridegroom and the brothers. The bill came up to a hefty 3 figure amount and that was very impressive. (someone nearly dropped her jaws)


12th May 2008
China’s Sichuan province had a massive earthquake which killed thousands of thousands of thousands of thousands of thousands of thousands of thousands of thousands of thousands. The kids had not really seen the world yet.

14th May 2008: Financial Reporting
Just when I opened the question booklet, the same scene enacted like last year’s sociology paper, my heart sank and I’m stoned…. The first words that I could stutter and stammer were “Profit and Loss”. Yes, yes, consolidation was a “bao jia”-in teochew or rather MUST EAT in English, yet I did not expect the expected….. It was not easy for me to overcome my state of shock and to continue the paper. The reading time was for me to jot down ideas and to choose which question to attempt. All was fine, wobbled through the paper but until I came to the last question. I was supposed to do a 6 or 7, but I don’t know what really caused me to be so obsessed with that question 6 despite knowing that it wasn’t worth the try or rather (please don’t take risk in exam attitude). I wasn’t convinced at myself for trying that question 7 despite ideas of depreciation, amortization, IAS 16 and IAS 40 keep flowing out of me, in the end I’m killed by my own ignorance and my indecisiveness. My countless days of effort put in had gone down the drain. Back home, I wanted very much to mourn for FR, but I spent my precious few hours to prepare the next paper on the very next day. During my journey home, I was very bothered over the paper.

15th May 2008: ICP
I was half awake in bed, as my alarm snooze. I wanted to sleep for another 5 minutes, then my brain shocked me, it was concerning FR, yes, yes, the paper I did yesterday, there was a serious blunder, and it really shocked me till I was wide awake. I woke up and made my last revision before the exam. I had high expectations for myself in ICP prior to the prelims, but the marks that I scored in prelims really shook my confidence, I hope that my confidence level is still there till 5.30pm of this day. The paper came and I shook my head, my mind was quite disorganized and I forgot a lot of the main points. Dunning was a MUST-DO but I think my points were petite like peanuts; maybe my marks for this question will also be like peanuts. Other questions were like a smokescreen and I tried to smoke my way through with added points of Burma’s cyclone and Sichuan’s earthquake to try to act knowledgeable. It wasn’t (was) my fault, it’s my anxiety and nervousness before the paper that caused all my points/ideas/concepts to fly away from my “HDD”. I can’t blame anyone but myself. I had tried my best, after the paper, my expectation dipped tremendously, I wished for nothing but a mere pass. After the paper, my friends and I asked each other about the paper and that we made comparison with our answers, and the funny thing is that we compare who wrote the LEAST number of pages for each question which was quite a unique comparison, for we believe the more pages that you write, the more marks you will get. 2 papers down, half the battle gone, not a victory but a defeat, but my burden lighten, as I’m going to celebrate my friend, YJ’s wedding.

17th-18th May 2008
Kio, Ocifer and I camped over at Sexy’s place. We were sisters for the wedding celebration. We woke up at 5.30am to prepare and get ready for everything, before going to the bride’s house. From Bukit Panjang, we tortured the brothers and the bridegroom, and we moved to Aljunied, Sengkang, and for photo shoot.

Yes, it's a "xi", and that's me IN DRESS!!!!

Surprisingly, the shoot was at some ulu place along tanah merah NSRCC and on the other side of the road is the airport terminal. After which we went back to seng kang and then to Bukit Panjang and back home for a short nap before leaving for the dinner at night. Thanks to ocifer, we managed to hitch a ride from her bf. We reached Raffles Hotel at late evening, to go there early wearing heels and walking around till our legs hurt like crazy. The dinner ended late, nearly to midnight and I need to recharge my battery before managing the next paper. It was a fatigued day.

Birthday cake, no.....
Leaning Tower of Pisa, no........
It's a 3 tier wedding cake----- Lychee Martini...

19th-21st May 2008
Eat Study Sleep Eat Study Sleep Eat Study Sleep Eat Study Sleep Eat Study Sleep Eat Study Sleep Eat Study Sleep Eat Study Sleep Eat Study Sleep Eat Study Sleep Eat Study

Don’t be envious of what I’m doing these days, but I’m really enjoying what I’m doing coz these days are ending and there’s no more chance for me to keep to these few days, but it’s not a good experience though, my brain’s exhausted from those spot and forward rates, MM theory and dividend theory.

22nd May 2008: FM
The day is finally here, I really hope that I’m placing my bets on the correct topics, and I think that I handled the paper well, though I know there’s only 50/50 that I will pass. Immediately after the exam, I feel as light as a bird and as happy as a pistachio though there’s a last paper after 11 days for the last paper was the easiest of the 4 papers. Together with my friends, I tried to laugh my troubles away throughout our journey home.

23rd May 2008
It was like a pre-celebration day for me. I self-declared it’s a NO-books day. I closed my books for a day to relax for this day and did nothing but to surf web and watch TV for the day.

31st May 2008
My family and my aunts went for dinner at Cathay Restaurant; it was to catch up with my aunts as I had not visited them for quite a long time. Then we went P.S to admire my puzzles, wanted to get Winnie the Pooh but ended up buying a backpack for my bro.

3rd June 2008: MSM
It’s morning paper today, I woke up at 7am, which was quite unusual. I had to squeeze with the morning crowd in the train; I was thinking that it’s going to be my turn (hopefully) after the results release in September. I can’t imagine myself wearing office wear squeezing with others in the train, omg, and time really flies (like a rocket). I’m getting old. Let’s fight the last battle for the year, and hopefully it’s as easy as ABC. MSM was always my fav units as it’s the easiest of all, but then I can’t be too relaxed for I must expect the unexpected. For the 1st time in my 2Xth of life, my mind wanders off while I was doing the paper. After all, the paper was a breeze though I did not manage to finish the paper. With that, I’m elated to declare the end of exams at this point in time, and I’m looking forward to a span of 3months post-exams celebrations with a long queue of activities waiting for me to do.