Thursday, October 04, 2007

The (already outdated) IN thing

The first day of MY week, I woke up very early, which I normally don’t, to get ready for school. I feel my eyes quite sore due to the lack of sleep; luckily I did not doze off as I was on the bus with a friend who boarded same stop as me.

I was in school early praying hard not to get “first class” seats so that I wouldn’t be sitting right under the lecturer’s notes and be a victim to answer questions. I reached class JIT, and thankfully there are still vacant seats from the bird’s eye view. I sat down hurriedly and unpack my stuff, ready to start class. Those 2 are usually late.

This ICP lecturer likes to poke fun at the students and make funny yet rude jokes. He’s usually short of breath and he likes to talk in a high pitch voice, it’s a he, for heaven’s sake….

Then halfway through, we talked about something interesting, both me and SH were teaching kids and we exchanged all the funny encounters we met so as to gain more experience. She told me that her student gave her a box of water babies which (which could reproduce) I think I had heard it before. Then we got excited, after which we decided to look for water babies after class.

We went to buy water babies which was not cheap, then SH distribute a little to CL and me, we looked as though we were like big children playing with the IN thing at the shopping centre. It seems like I’m back to childhood. I went home and planted the babies into the water, hoping that it will mutate, and it’s quite fun la, it’s been years since I last had a toy….. I showed my bro the little beads before I put in the water, I asked him;
Me: you know what’s this?
Him: beads la, for bracelets
Me: No la (Smirks), it’s not la…..

It’s already out of style, then now I’m playing it, I’m really a laggard….