We reached there during lunch time and visited the floating fishing village, the little boat or dunno what ship you call that shook rather hard, from left to right and front to back, I wasn’t feeling too good, sea sick man……… We were forced to walk on wood planks from one place to another. I always feared that the wood planks would give way due to my size, and the wood planks side by side are a little wide apart made me fear that I would fall into the sea at any point in time. There was a little hut on the floating village selling dried seafood and stuff, you know la, typical Singapore people, k.i.a.s.u. they just buy and buy and buy as though things are FOC. We went back to have lunch before checking in to our holiday chalet. The restoran was built on concrete land, but I still felt that it shook when people walked past me, I was feeling seasicky during lunch. Alas!!!! Then another boat ride brought us to the holiday chalet after lunch, so thankful I did not have my fill or I would have vomited due to those violent and rough waves.
Malaysia National Day just passed...

Oh man, it just feels like 1st class service, having porters to carry your luggage, boats to ferry you here and there…. The only worry is to walk on wooden planks, some seems like it’s going to break anytime, some looks like the nails went loose, others can overlook the sea below as there are a wide distance in between them. We checked in and it’s a 2nd storey house, very beautiful on the outside and full of entertainment facilities in the house. We rested in the afternoon before we set off to the city centre to do a little shopping. It’s really backwards compared to here in Singapore.
1) You can simply find Nike, Giordano, Mango here, but there’s only batik clothing there.
2) The people there fish for life, there’s simply no books or magazines there, I was a little disappointed as I forgot to bring my game there Arghhh!!!!
3) The way people dry clothes there was not to use bamboo poles like us, they would lay their clothes on the car engines to make use of the hot sun to dry them.
4) You cannot find ice balls here in SG, but there’s many over there.
5) If you lost your way, there’s no street name for you, you have to remember the details that they write on the lamp posts, and it’s a way of identification.
6) It’s good to hear the sea waves wash back onto the muddy shore trying to make it high tide, it’s yucky and shitty and smelly when it’s low tide as those rubbish and garbage are not covered.
It’s dusk, and it’s time for dinner, the host of the chalet bbq for us, we just sat there, watched TV, played mahjong or sing karaoke. The heavy rain spoilt everything, still the host had a backyard and he does his cooking and bbq-ing there. It’s just heavenly when you’re served like a king or queen. The food was good, the ambience was nice, the setting was perfect. I had a few slices of watermelon after those bbq food, oh, I didn’t see any dustbin lying around, and you know la, you could get fined for littering in Sg, so my watermelon skin flew into the mud or the sea. I had chicken wings, bones just flew into the sea, satay? The skewer just went into the sea too. Everything just went in….You wouldn’t get fined there, the people there did that too. My only entertainment was watching TV and I could watch channel U there. It’s bath time, the water goes right into the sea, you can see it with your naked eyes, whatever poo-poo or wee-wee just go right down, no pipes, nothing at all. So the cycle continues, the fish eat our poo-poo, we eat the fish, and we pass out the poo-poo. YucKsSssss…….
The rain continued to pour, I turned in for the night after the Guess show, woke up trying to see the sunrise, but the clouds were too thick. It was low tide, it stinks, like dead fish or whatever, I ……….
the sun rose, it's low tide, it smells...

I walked carefully on the wooden planks for a stroll. Most of the time, the planks would either moved a little and some nails were loose and it would lifted up a little, I can’t stop of the thought of me falling into the sea, or rather the mud, scaring the mudskippers away….
Low tide expose crabs, hermit crabs and mudskippers(not in picture)

It’s just so fearful, I did not run or jump or hop on the planks, I just looked down and walked carefully. Breakfast was simply a feast, the host cooked for us, even the fried noodles tasted better there, it’s simply delicious, sitting at the doorsteps, sipping a cup of milo, listening to the sea breeze, gobbling up good food, it’s all so natural, and even the houseflies are so friendly, that they fly all over you, trying to feast too, it’s bigger and fatter than in SG. After breakfast, I chatted with the tour guide on what’s interesting in Malaysia, she said she’s quite envious of me still studying at my age, I replied I’m so envious of you working and touring every part of Malaysia for almost free.
Bye-bye to the 2nd storey holiday chalet...

It’s time to check out the holiday chalet there, the boat was waiting and we were waiting for the aunties and ah-ma on board. The boat shook again, it almost felt like it was going to capsize, I was dizzy….. We had lunch and headed back home, dad loves pineapple and I got 1 from the roadside stall, it’s like almost free, you couldn’t get a pineapple as big as your/my face for like only 1 SGD, and what’s more it’s from Sarawak, famous for it’s pineapple.
The tour guide brought us to a confectionary to buy tau sar piah, again, k.i.a.s.u was there again, aunties were like, give me 10 of this, 20 of that, 40 of those. Some even ended up with 2 big bags of dunno what’s inside them…. I caught my eye on a bottle of coke, just simply pay for it and waited in the coach, 1 auntie even came on board and ask her friend, can you lend me 4 dollars, I’m short of it….. I chuckled. Observing those aunties were simply an interesting thing to do. It’s home sweet home.