Wednesday, August 01, 2007

String of incidents

I find myself thinking of doing this in a second, then the next second my mind was on another thing. It just seems like I’ve endless stuff to do, to learn this and that, to buy this and that, to clear away this and that…. But there was no action done till now. My “work” began piling higher and higher. Still, I’m always trying to get out of the house to see the world out there.

I was watching Code Red, an infotainment program which I find it cool and exciting. It showcases many special and unique parts of Singapore like those histories, funky food, museum and many others… It’s a eye opener for an ignorant person like me, oblivious to those histories and stuffs…. But 1 thing for sure is that the 30s and 40s who are filmed in the show knows more, and I mean much more than the young 20s in the show, somehow, the team will the most 20s will end up losing, it’s not the age that matters, I think it’s the prize money that attract those people to take part in the TV show.

I was at a hyper supermarket recently, I saw an interesting scene or should I say…. Whatever, I dunno how to describe. I saw a grey haired elderly ah mah buying a huge packet of JnJ potato chips, it was on offer I think…. I was observing her from afar, and I always know that old people don’t like chips, and moreover, it’s a teeth-less ah mah, or she’s getting that for her grandchildren, that’s the only conclusion I drawn from my observation. She was looking at the packet, as if searching for the price, but it also seems like she’s having a hard time deciding which flavour is nicer. My mum who was besides me jokingly told me in Teochew, you go over lah, recommend the nice flavour for that ah mah lo… I just simply ignored my mum and walked off.

I returned to home late, as I was opening the door, something behind me moved, I turned behind, it was a ………… LiZarD, at the ceiling of the corridor lamp, standing by, waiting to pound of next moth that landed on the ceiling, oh!!! Normally, such small incident does not catch my attention, but somehow that night, I was rather curious as to how the lizard ate its food and on any other occasions I would just simply grab a shoe that was lying outside the house and try to intimidate the lizard, hopefully it would stay away. I went inside the house, switched on the TV, watched TV and continued to peep at that thing. I only wanted to capture the moment that the lizard ate its food. My mum came home and she saw me looking outside the window, so I told her I was observing….. She reacted very and extremely and very strongly, she said that I should NOT be looking at how it eats but ought to feel sorry and empathetic for the food that was eaten and to pray for the moths to be reincarnated as human beings. I did not really think that way, my mind was straight. I should learn to see things from more than 1 point of view, maybe the best way is to analyze from 360 point of view.