Sunday, August 26, 2007

Backdated week

Wednesday
Met up with A friend for a game of badminton. It’s been ages since I last lay my hands on a badminton racket, at most I was soaking in a pool. It only lasted for an hour before my bones started giving way, it was exhausting….

Thursday
My right hand arm muscle seems to hurt a little, but what hurt most was my butt, I thought it was the stretching I did too much while trying to hit the ball.

There’s was a recent travelogue on TV that brings me back to my childhood, the memorable times my bro and I had in the library, the show was on Belgium when they started to talk about comic Tintin, the journalist. I visited the library the day after, hoping to read up on those titles again, I went to the children section, it seems so out of place, I was like a giant there, and dwarfs and elves wandering about. I strolled through the shelves, found it, grabbed it and rushed off. Those books were hidden in between other books that I borrowed for fear of embarrassment…..

Friday
I had been having RECURRING nightmares lately, but this morning I woke up from a DREAM. Somehow, I dunno why, I could still remember this dream so clearly, but nightmares I only chose to remember vaguely….
The dream goes….
Back in my secondary 3 school days, I had a bosom friend, we were foes turned friends, we spent almost all the time together, sat together, spent recess time together, went home together, vandalize together??!! One fine day, the principal sent for her, it was then her transfer to another school was successful and she will be leaving me soon. A dream, but petite details like which school she will be transferring was still so fresh in my mind, it was PH secondary school, she seems happy about the news, but I was quite reluctant as after she’s gone, I’m left alone. I was feeling so miserable. Then the last day arrived, we had a farewell party, 80 over classmates turned up, I dunno why there’s so many coz I didn’t have much friends that time due to my introvert character, but I reckon AG and AH added up to that total number. That’s all for my dream, and I’m glad it didn’t occur as we’re still friends now.

I went to the newly Tiong Bahru market for lunch with mum and to visit my relative and baby Ashley who lived near there. Then while searching for the popular lor-mee, I saw Mr T (SE), oh man, how come I kept running into him, the last time I saw him was at Marina Square Kenny Rogers, he saw me, came forward and we chatted for a while, but looks like he’s doing well in life. I never asked for his contact, and I forgot to ask the most critical question. It’s his 1st time there having lunch and mine’s too. The conversation ended and we bade goodbye.

Saturday
I met up with poly buddies, but never full attendance, had dessert in a black shop and played pool. It’s been like years since I last played pool. It’s a time to catch up with others and I’m always glad to know that they are doing well in life (not like me -_-). We went home, and I saw a familiar face, it was WH (SE), since graduation, we had never met, we greeted each other by a hand shake, and it’s good to hear that she’s still doing music. Oh, was it my (un)lucky week to run into long time friends who have lost touch for 3 years or more??? I dunno, maybe it’s fate that brought us together for another time. I reached home just in time to catch CSS2 finals on TV, minutes later, my bro came back and we snacked and munched together while glued on the TV.

Sunday
There’s a documentary on a 58 year old lady, who rides a bike, who weight lifts, who do treadmills in gym, who box, who do yoga, a superwoman in modern times….