Tuesday, September 02, 2008

A moment in life

All right! Beijing 2008 had ended, so upcoming world sporting events should be Paralympics….. There’s not much updates recently, just that I went Comex and saw many electronic gadgets there, wanted to get a new set of speakers but nothing seems nice to me. We went pepper lunch for late lunch, but it’s not very nice and worth the price…. My brother who ordered rib eye steak asked the cashier…
Bro: how heavy is the steak?
Cashier: It’s ……… just a steak, this size (pointing to the picture in the menu) that’ll be $....
My bro told me about it when he came back to the seat, he was very peculiar about the weight of the steak as he has special liking for beef.
Me: it’s a fast food outlet, you can’t expect them to weigh the steak mahz…. You think it’s Sizzler or Jack place mehz….
I had salmon and chicken combo which I think it’s a mere so-so…
Morale of the story: Beef is different everywhere

Yesterday, Monday late afternoon, I went shopping at IKEA. I wanted to get a rug for my room, oh man, IKEA during weekdays is very very desserted, there’s not many people there, it’s only when it’s after office hours, the people started filling in…. I shopped leisurely, then got the ideal rug and headed towards the cashier. I put my stuff; some tiny weeny containers, textile and many others on the conveyer belt and it moved towards the cashier.
Cashier: Do you need a bag?
Me: Yes, please!
Cashier: What size, big or small?
Me: Huh, what? Gimme a size that can hold all my items….
Cashier: She pressed an icon on her system, and I was charged 10 cents for the large bag….
All right, fine, it’s reasonable to charge for a bag, then an old lady at the opposite cashier tried to “steal” my plastic bag, but was stopped by my cashier…. She was telling her daughter in Cantonese, “Why no plastic bags huh…..” Then her daughter told her she has to pay for the bag. They dumped their stuff into a rattan basket and walked off.
Morale of the story: Over-consciousness of the Earth might create hassle for us.

For the past 15 minutes, my heart was thudding very fast. I received a sms from my friend which said results are out. My heart started to beat very fast, it’s been the moment I’ve been waiting for. These 3 months had been a fulfilling time yet I’m living in fear. I logged onto the website and stared at the screen blankly when it’s loading. My heart nearly dropped out from my mouth when I saw it. For a moment, my eyes were wet with tears. Mum who was besides me was also very anxious. After seeing it, I dived onto my bed. I was overwhelmed with what I saw. Mum hugged me and screamed happily. My brother reacted nonchalantly to this happy news. I’m glad to announce i’m proceeding on in life.
The next chapter of life has set in with its first dilemma…. What job is it???