During these 15 days,
Eve of CNY
My whole family went to the crematorium to offer incense to granny, had a sumptuous lunch whilst waiting for army bro to come back to celebrate the festive occasion with us. He slumped onto bed after loading his dirty green clothes into the wc. Aunt came back in the evening and we prepared the steamboat together. Little bro was outside the corridor starting up the fire of our traditional steamboat. Cheers to good luck, good health and happiness. For shou sui, I tempted my little bro with maplestory so that he can only sleep at 3 plus in the morning, moreover it’s the 1st time he played so late in the night. The aging me cannot ‘tahan’ was k.o. at 2am.
Day 1
Gong Xi Fa Cai, that’s the 1st greetings when I opened my mouth, wishing my dad lotsa of $$ and good health, and I offered incense to granny, Sister and her family were the first to come, and later while having lunch, shu shu and Alan came over, Baby Ashley came over in the late afternoon and we took some nice photos, we tried to teach the 16-month-old to play with the skate scooter, and she was so clever to put both her legs on the scooter waiting for us to push her around. After dinner, we went to Da Yi house to bai nian, and was offered many cookies. The must-eat cookies is pineapple tarts.
Day 2
It’s time to go to other houses. We started with Er Yi house before going Da Jiu house. Oh my, I was greeted by Mum’s extended family members at Da Jiu house. There were like 20 over people there, which include San Lao Yi, and Si Lao Yi and Lao Kim family. Needless to say, there was no seat for me and we had to hide in the bedroom. As usual, Da Jiu ordered KFC and Mac for his guests and I helped in serving them. After that, we went to River Angbao before heading home. Late in the night, my bros and I played cards with petite $. Hahaha….
Mickey Mouse Year @ River Ang BaoDay 3
We visited shu shu house which was down the street. Must-eat cookies is pineapple tarts. We had a long chat since we seldom meet up. Mum was busy chatting with Shen shen on how much is the gas now, to how to bake pineapple tarts, to which bak kwa is nice. I just sat there and TV.
Day 4
We went Aunty Grace house at AMK, which was KFC ‘again’. There’s nothing else to eat. Luckily we had lao yusheng which dad commented very nice wor…… Laid my hands on pineapple tarts again which was heavenly…. After that, we wanted to go Sister’s place but they were not at home, we changed our destination and went Er Jiu house, yes yes!!!! It’s Seng Kang again, the 3rd consecutive day that I had been traveling to Seng Kang. My pretty cousin offered me chocolate fudge cake and brownies which was quite special and unique from the traditional cookies. Still, I had pineapple tarts and I asked for the recipe.
Day 9
My first record was broken during last Friday-Saturday. I only had 3 hours of sleep, all thanks to FR. I was attacked by the test which really made me lose heart, even though I studied for it, I don’t know what beholds my future of FR. The new year is spoiled by FR lecture, closing rate, opening rate, average rate, I dunno what is what….. And we did 1 question which took like 2 hours of the lecture time and everyone was sitting there coping and flipping like crazy, how to get this figure, where is the working for that figure, I was really lost and vexed.
Day 10
I had MSM class in the morning and went to Seng Kang again. My friend (YJ) invited me to her new place at Seng Kang, (ya, SK again and again….) Her house really surprise me which was so classy. We had lunch at her cozy place which she specially prepared for us. Kio and Ocifer were there also, after which we had mahjong. I only played a game or 2 when my brain started to switch-off as I didn’t have enough sleep the day before. I was there to see her wedding photos which were taken from S.Africa, Cape Town. It was really breath-taking, spectacular, and incredible and ……
The very classy cutlery trayDay 11
We went to aunty Janet place at Yishun which was quite sophisticated with 2 living halls, We had dinner and a small steamboat which was powered by electricity. There weren’t much choice of food but all were good food and I had no idea what I was eating, which I found it good. After that we had a game of mahjong which was a set of small tiles, too small to be seen and I was on a winning streak. We went home and Mum asked if I enjoyed dinner,
Mum: There was abalone at the steamboat, did you eat?
Me: Huh? Really mehz? I didn’t know leh, but I ate something like a slice of fish but it didn’t tasted like fish, dunno whether if it’s an abalone…..
Day 13
HK veteran actress Lydia Sum (Fei Fei) departed leaving a hefty sum of inheritance for her only daughter. I will always remember her contagious and distinctive laughter.
Ok, everything summarized as above. I will update if there’s memorable incidents to be remembered for I’m getting lazy to blog recently.
I’m gonna say a temporary bye-bye to my blog as I will be going to a 3-months war cum hibernation. Be it a victory or a defeat, nobody knows…. Please bless me with wisdom and knowledge to fight this war. See you soon.