FAMILY
I ran into a stranger as he passed by,
"Oh excuse me please" was my reply.
He said, "Please excuse me too;
I wasn't watching for you."
We were very polite, this stranger and I.
We went on our way and we said goodbye.
But at home a different story is told,
How we treat our loved ones, young and old.
Later that day, cooking the evening meal,
My son stood beside me very still.
When I turned, I nearly knocked him down.
"Move out of the way," I said with a frown.
He walked away, his little heart broken.
I didn't realize how harshly I'd spoken.
While I lay awake in bed,
God's still small voice came to me and said,
"While dealing with a stranger,
common courtesy you use,
but the family you love, you seem to abuse.
Go and look on the kitchen floor,
You'll find some flowers there by the door.
Those are the flowers he brought for you.
He picked them himself: pink, yellow and blue.
He stood very quietly not to spoil the surprise,
you never saw the tears that filled his little eyes."
By this time, I felt very small,
And now my tears began to fall.
I quietly went and knelt by his bed;
"Wake up, little one, wake up," I said.
"Are these the flowers you picked for me?"
He smiled, "I found 'em, out by the tree.
I picked 'em because they're pretty like you.
I knew you'd like 'em, especially the blue."
I said, "Son, I'm very sorry for the way I acted today;
I shouldn't have yelled at you that way."
He said, "Oh, Mom, that's okay.
I love you anyway."
I said, "Son, I love you too,
and I do like the flowers, especially the blue."
FAMILY
Are you aware that if we died tomorrow, the company
that we are working for could easily replace us in
a matter of days.
But the family we left behind will feel the loss
for the rest of their lives.
LIFE
Life Is A Gift
Today before you think of saying an unkind word
Think of someone who can't speak.
Before you complain about the taste of your food
Think of someone who has nothing to eat.
Before you complain about your husband or wife
Think of someone who's crying out to God for a companion.
Today before you complain about life
Think of someone who went too early to heaven.
Before you complain about your children
Think of someone who desires children but they're barren.
Before you argue about your dirty house, someone didn't clean or sweep
Think of the people who are living in the streets.
Before whining about the distance you drive
Think of someone who walks the same distance with their feet.
And when you are tired and complain about your job
Think of the unemployed, the disabled and those who wished they had your job.
But before you think of pointing the finger or condemning another
Remember that not one of us are without sin and we all answer to one maker.
And when depressing thoughts seem to get you down.
Put a smile on your face and thank God you're alive and still around.
Life is a gift
Live it
Enjoy it
Celebrate it
EMBRACE IT
And fulfill it
And while you are at it give love to someone today
Love someone with what you do and the words you say
Love is not meant to be kept locked inside of us and hidden So give it away "Give Love to someone today!"
Remember to live each day to the fullest